Exact assessment of cognitive impairment in patients with neurological conditions
With neuropsychological tests from SCHUHFRIED you can identify whether and to what extent an individual’s ability has been impaired by brain damage as a result of disease or injury (e.g. after traumatic brain injury, Parkinson's disease, MS, stroke or epilepsy). Disorders of brain functioning can be assessed specifically and objectively, providing information that can be used in describing the current level of functioning, monitoring progress, planning and evaluating rehabilitation measures, conducting occupational rehabilitation and drawing up professional reports. This assessment of an individual’s cognitive and affective state is also important in neuropsychological rehabilitation, especially in connection with issues of fitness to work or fitness to drive.
The advantages for neuropsychological assessment
- Specially developed tests – including screening tests and test sets – for precise assessment of cognitive deficits that accompany neurological disorders.
- Wide range of cognitive ability tests for assessment of basic functions and more complex cognitive abilities.
- Tests and test forms appropriate to the varying ability levels of patients, thereby reducing floor and ceiling effects.
- Parallel versions to prevent practice, memory and learning effects in repeat testing.
- Norms differentiated on the basis of age, gender and education.
- Tests available in many language versions.
- Quick and automatic scoring of psychological tests and training programs.
Contact us and learn more about the specific advantages in your individual field of application:
Different dimensions can be selected depending on the focus of the investigation, for example:
- all specific attention functions (WAF)
- all important executive functions such as cognitive flexibility (TMT-L) and planning ability (TOL-F)
- all important memory functions such as figural short-term and long-term memory (FGT)
- perceptual speed (ATAVT)
- motor skills such as fine motor skills (MLS)