Efficient aptitude diagnostics for military
Cope with stress and react appropriately in critical situations
To make the right decision under pressure at the exact right moment – that is the core issue for military personnel in many different positions. The Vienna Test System (VTS) helps you to tackle this issue. Special ability tests enable you to evaluate specific military-related abilities like visual short-term memory, time and movement anticipation or manual dexterity.
The VTS enables you to assess ability and personality traits of the following:
- Special unit members
The advantages of the Vienna Test System at a glance:
- Wide variety of relevant special ability tests for the military.
- Efficient selection even from a large number of candidates.
- Personalization through integration of own tests, own norms and interfaces.
- Automated and easy-to-understand scorings with clearly set out results, individual reports and detailed profiles.
Efficient testing with the Vienna Test System:
- Short testing times and automated scoring save time.
- Fast, accurate and automated scoring of test results.
- Paperless test materials and modern test presentation conditions make for economy.
- Standardization of test content, the test procedure and test scoring.
- Maximum objectivity and fairness in the assessment of each individual because testing is independent of the supervisor.
- High reliability: especially in the attention and concentration tests.
- Detailed test scoring schemes can be used.
- Database for management and processing of test results.
- Database for respondent management.
- Test batteries.
Since many years the Vienna Test System is used in many different military facilities throughout the world and an integrated part of military research.
The Vienna Test System in military activities:
(…) We have nowadays 21 systems and they are used frequently in different civilian and military aviation selection procedures (pilot and air traffic control operators) in Finland. Originally, we become interested in VTS because we were looking for a user-friendly computerized testing system which includes standard widely used tests like Raven's matrices as well as some more special tests for aviation selection like psychomotor and attention tests. We chose VTS because it included both of these elements. As a computerized system VTS helps us a lot compared to traditional paper-and-pencil system; the test presentation and data collection is automatic etc. (…)
Furthermore, you can collect and use your own norms based on your selection groups and add them to the system. (…) We have a very good experience with VTS and we could recommend it for others.“
Aviation Selection, Finland
An extract of our customers in the field of military:
- Armed Forces, Austria
- Armed Forces, Croatia
- Armed Forces, Finland
- Armed Forces, Germany
- Armed Forces, Luxembourg
- Army, Portugal
- Army Sports Institute, India
- Australian Defence Forces, Australia
- Bavarian Riot Police, Germany
- District Command of Police Czestochowa, Poland
- Marine General Staff (EMA), Portugal
- Ministry of Interior, Slovakia
- Police Budapest, Hungary
- Police Headquarters Paris, psychotechnical centre, France
- Public Security Police, Portugal
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), Canada
Aspects of abilities and personality
An extract of the ability and personality aspects that can be tested with the VTS:
- Divided attention
- Selective attention
- Peripheral perception
- Stress tolerance
- Spatial ability
- Emotional stability
- Speed of perception
- Obtaining an overview
An overview of all available ability and personality aspects in the VTS:
We shall be happy to advise you on the variants. Simply write to firstname.lastname@example.org.